Saturday, July 07, 2007

FIREWORKS ... July 4th
(sorry no pics)
Well the 4th came and went... it rained so that kind of changed the activities. We relaxed. Macy & I went shopping to get a few things for her trip to Canada. In the afternoon Todd, Tyson, Macy & I went to the movies. The guys went to see' Transformers' and Macy & I went and saw 'Ratatouille'. We were very happy with the movies and because our show ended before the guys.. we got to see the end of the transformers movie.

Then Todd & Tyson had fun shopping for .... FIREWORKS... I was a nervous wreck (as usual) knowing all the burns & injuries that happen around fireworks. So they made a small selection. We brought them home and it was so much fun. They were the really great ones that go way up high and leave big bursts of color etc. They are my favorites. Tyson was the official lighter but then Todd & Macy took turns too. Next year we'll buy more fireworks... $30 worth bought us 24 powder kegs (2 pkgs). I feel a whole lot better about us lighting fireworks now. It was like New Years, All the neighbors started lighting up the sky starting on Canada Day and then the whole sky was lit up the evening of the 4th. (We didn't have to worry about any fires... all this rain took care of that)

Today (July 7th) Julie, Macy & Andre Parrot (Julie's boyfriend) are starting the long roadtrip to Canada. (40 hrs drive from Williamsburg). They should arrive on the 9th or the 10th if they stop and rest. They will stop in Barnwell first and plan on spending most of their time in Calgary. They know that Ryan Coppieters wedding is on the 12th so let them know where the reception will be. Wish I was going with them... cuz I'm missing family & Canadian summer days. Macy will be visiting for almost a month and staying with Auntie Sherry. (She'll also spend some time with cousins) Macy left for Virginia on July 5th - I miss her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment