Welcoming October
I'm so happy October is finally here... this means cooler weather, my birthday, halloween...
At work Millie decorated so I have a pretty glass tree with ornaments on my desk - others have stuffed talking halloween charachters and some have cute bowls for treats. Millie has a lighted haunted house collection in the window above her credenza and a splattered witch on her door. Millie enjoys all holidays and seasons of the year and has a collection of decorations for each. It makes it fun to enjoy one season and move on to the next. I'm going to try to find halloween pictures from years past to make this post more interesting. 







A guy at work is travelling to Banff and Lake Louise in the next couple of weeks, and it made me so homesick - I'd love to see the mountains, larch valley, banff, lake louise, moraine lake, kananaskis, elbow falls, etc. I'm excited for him and his family to enjoy the beauty that I consider home.



I wish I could transport my twin sister here for our birthday and enjoy time together - but we both seem trapped by the necessity to work and our jobs. The best thing would be visiting with her in Calgary and going on a hike together. (in my dreams)
I'm looking forward to being home thanksgiving week this year with the kids - I wish we could spend the week somewhere like florida in a timeshare but haven't looked into it. I'm happy just to have the days off to spend at home with them on their vacation from school. Of course I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner already - and anticipating what I will do this year to enjoy the christmas season. I've been listening to lots of books on cd's during my commute each day and I'm reading lots of books too. It helps the time go by and is a distraction from my lifes dissappointments and challenges every day. Somewhere I need to move forward and start living life again instead of trying to avoid it. I welcome any suggestions to live and feel joy... I know the biggest piece that is missing from my life is friends here and family... everyone feels so far away and I don't see the opportunity to travel to visit them anytime soon either so its kind of discouraging. I'd like to visit Virginia in November and see Julie's new apartment and connect with friends - maybe veterans day weekend. But some things will have to change to allow that.
No comments:
Post a Comment