Thursday, June 26, 2008

My life is so Crazy..... how crazy is it?
Just thinking about my life and I can't figure out how I got here. I never planned this... it just kind of happened to me. Do you every feel that way? It's so hot outside and humid my glasses fog up when I go outside... bet that's never happened to most of my canadian connections. I do love the fact that I can have one wardrobe for all year round (a light jacket in the winter and a light jacket in the summer for the a/c at church and work).

Some of this craziness is great... like going for a walk just a minute down the road there is a swamp with beautiful cypruss trees and the sound of frogs (the frogs sound is kind of spooky... the only thing that comes close is baby lambs baaa-ing) and the sound of crickets... I haven't seen any fireflies like in Virginia...

Some of this craziness is just plain crazy... like commuting to and from work 35 - 50 minutes on a good day into an exciting city... where else can you see a 'homeless pride' community under the overpasses - living in tents or just boxes with sofa's and baby car seats out front. Where you can hand off a banana to a hungry homeless person on corner by the stop sign on your way to work. or where there are street vacuums that clean up the street. Where the rain starts and you can't even see the building 12 feet away... yes it's crazy. How did this small town canadian gal end up here.

Some of this craziness is just plain crazy... like my husband working in the tree business.. that is absurd... what happened to the life I thought had.

some of this craziness adds color... who else has a daughter whose kindergarten pictures of home are of a 5 story hotel or a son and daughter who enjoyed restaurant breakfasts of french toast and bacon for a few months and the school bus picked them up and dropped them off at a hotel. I must say that was interesting... I look back and I'm so happy I didn't have to cook much during that time... oh it was nice to just go downstairs and have dinner at the buffet or order a sandwich ... Tyson's dinner plate consisted of every kind of meat... fried chicken, roast beef, ham, baked chicken, etc. and no veggies, Where we could swim every night after school and the maid cleaned our room and we always had nice fresh towels. (the other part... try living in 3 rooms as a family of 7 people)... There were the tough parts like not being able to eat in our pajamas... or always being at work...

what a crazy life I have had... and it's still pretty crazy... like living in a house that's still needs to be finished... my kitchen sink is two tupperware bowls and my stove is the grill outside (it would be anyway this time of year because it is so hot). but its just so crazy...

I'm on vacation for a few days hoping to relax, burn some pics onto cd's, scan some important documents and put them on my jump drive (hurricane preparation) and maybe get a piece of a tan and hang out with my Macy... I'm really looking forward to reading 'twilight' and sleeping in (after I take Bella for her 6 am walk)... CRAZY!!

3 comments:

  1. Life is crazy and many time I wonder the same thing about me . . .only 7 short years ago I was the mother of one 14 month old boy and lived in a small canadian town . . now look at me . . . I totallly get it. Ok, maybe not the kitchen sink (but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do), but I definitely get the kitchen oven outside! I'll bet you have some great recipes . . . want to share - I'm always looking! :o) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're on the move again, off to Arizona. Closing this Utah adventure of fabulous skiing/snowboarding, (it REALLY IS the greatest snow on earth) being close to family, (occasionally too close) and great friends and neighbors. I'll send you the new address when we've settled. Life truly is crazy... I've got both arms straight up and screaming and laughing through every hill and valley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move... I'm so happy you have had your Utah time... Looking forward to hearing all about Arizona... You'll do great... Think of you everyday...

    Today's my 25th wedding anniversary... don't know if I can do 25 more years..... mixed emotions... It's a tough exciting life... sometimes too adventurous. Take care... Love ya,Shelly

    ReplyDelete