Job offers ... Decision Made
Today I made my decision... Monday I received two job offers. After listing the pro's and con's and taking time to consider where I am being led, the decision is clear in my mind.
I decided to join First Bank and Trust head office in New Orleans in an Administrative Assistant position to the COO (Chief Officer of Operations ). It is a salary job with good benefits. We haven't yet discussed a start date. They would love me to start on Monday. First Bank and Trust is a community based bank that caters to commercial banking and small business and is a sponsor for the New Orleans Saints football team.
(I feel I need to give my current employer the notice they would like. So I will discuss this with Bulk Systems tomorrow.) So I will soon be doing the dreaded commute each day from Slidell over Lake Pontchartrain to downtown New Orleans. The salary & benefits of the job out weigh the commute. (The same opportunity is not available in Slidell) I was very impressed with my new boss and know that the work atmosphere will be enjoyable. I am excited to meet my new co-workers and use my excellent job skills to bring organization and support to First Bank and Trust.
I'm also excited that I will be attending BYU Women's Conference May 2nd thru May 5th with friends, Fran & Rachel. Lori, it will be great to have the opportunity to visit with you. Friends are an integral part of my happy life. It will be great to connect with some relatives too. Most of all ... it will be a great time to examine and assess my priorities and fill my reservoir.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy that this job came up. It sounds like it will be very beneficial to you and your famlily. Did you guys get moved?
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job!! I wish you safe travel and great reward in your new endeavor. I'm so happy to hear that you will be going to BYU W.W., please give my best to Fran, Rachel & Lori.
ReplyDeleteSherry
Sounds like a great opportunity. Yeah!!! You are growing quite a list of accomplishments for your resume. Have so much fun in Provo. it will be so fun.
ReplyDelete